Aloha!

My name is Jordan and I am a local plant enthusiast from Hawaii. I hope to own my own nursery one day. I specialize in hibiscus hybrids though I enjoy working with many different types of plants. I am constantly learning new things and improving my skills but for now, i'm just a college student working my way up in paradise. On this blog I will take you on a virtual tour of my garden and hopefully change the way you think of plants forever!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Welcome to the family!

A few days ago my friends and I took a little road trip to the North side of O'ahu. While there, we happened to stop at the Hibiscus Lady nursery where I grabbed a brilliantly odd hybrid. Kauila, which was created by one of the interns that work at the nursery, is really unique.

Kauila


The Flower has a stunning maroon eye whch has an outline of a soft lavender, highly contrasting the flowers petals. The petals are a light shade of grey, often with yellow veins that streak through them. The slightly ruffeled petals end in an outline of a orange/yellow.
 
 
I have already begun to use this hybrid in my crosses and hope to see keiki from it soon!


1 comment: