Aloha!

My name is Jordan and I am a local plant enthusiast from Hawaii. I hope to own my own nursery one day. I specialize in hibiscus hybrids though I enjoy working with many different types of plants. I am constantly learning new things and improving my skills but for now, i'm just a college student working my way up in paradise. On this blog I will take you on a virtual tour of my garden and hopefully change the way you think of plants forever!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Plants Galore!!

This past weekend I decided to go to the Windward Orchid Society's orchid show at King Intermediate. That was a bad idea! I spent almost $200 on orchids alone. On the good side my orchid collection has increased exponentially, and I've definitely had to pick up some new tricks along the way. I even joined the Windward Orchid Society and was awarded another free orchid, how awesome is that?
Each individual orchid genera has it's own requirements. Thanks to the diversity of orchids I acquired from the show, Ive been studying up on a lot of them, and learning what each of them need to survive. I even plan to build a walk-in orchid shade house very soon. I expect to post pictures of the orchids I possess when they bloom, however long that may take.

Here's just a few of the orchids I got over the weekend..




 
Names and pics will be posted on the orchid page eventually. Thanks for reading and until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment