Aloha!

My name is Jordan and I am a local plant enthusiast from Hawaii. I hope to own my own nursery one day. I specialize in hibiscus hybrids though I enjoy working with many different types of plants. I am constantly learning new things and improving my skills but for now, i'm just a college student working my way up in paradise. On this blog I will take you on a virtual tour of my garden and hopefully change the way you think of plants forever!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Introducing...

Introducing Strawberry Guava Sunrise, which bloomed earlier this morning. It is a fast growing shrub. The flowers have a solid red eye in the shape of a star. The petals are a gentle pink that flows into a beautiful yellow.

 
 
The flower is truly a sight to behold, and it is durable. The flower fades in color as the day progresses, which is why I named it Strawberry Guava Sunrise; it's colors are most intense first thing in the morning. Towards the evening you might have something like this where the pink almost completely fades out and leaves only the veins pink.
 
 
This is the first of many keiki that I am cultivating. Check back again for more keiki that should be blooming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment